sheleadsmanylives

The Reader Who Lives a Thousand Lives

There are no words to describe my love affair with literature.

Her Bookshelf: READ

Legend
4 of 5 stars
It was pretty good. Re-read this so I would be ready to read the rest of the series.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
2 of 5 stars
This book was just okay. Overhyped, but I don't regret reading it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
4 of 5 stars
Love this series. Just the perfect amount of humor and mystery to keep me reading!

goodreads.com

July Wrap Up

The Selection - Kiera Cass The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall - Mary Downing Hahn Deep and Dark and Dangerous: A Ghost Story - Mary Downing Hahn Legend - Marie Lu Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising - Leigh Bardugo The Elite - Kiera Cass The One - Kiera Cass The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas - Sarah J. Maas
— feeling excited

July was a great reading month as far as content goes! I didn't read as much as I usually do, but what I did read was pretty great!

The Selection by: Kiera Cass- This books was pretty good. It's Disney Princess meets Hunger Games. I enjoyed how quickly the book moved along. A lot of times a book can seem to drag on, not so with this book. Overall, the plot was lacking, no major twists that I didn't already see coming. I give this book 3 out of 5 fancy dresses.

The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by: Mary Downing Hahn- This is a middle grade ghost story. If you want a good ghost story, this is not it! Even for middle grade the plot is too basic. If I had to compare this to another story I would say it is a haunted version of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Overall 2 out of 5 not so scary ghosts.

Deep, and Dark, and Dangerous by: Mary Downing Hahn- This is another middle grade ghost story. This is a re-read for me, I read this back in fifth grade and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed it just as much the second go round! Scary without being over the top, great for middle grade readers. I give is 4 out of 5 scary dolls.

Legend by: Marie Lu- Another re-read. I read this book a long time ago when it first came out and really enjoyed it. This is another book that is really good the second time! I have nothing bad to say about it. 4 out of 5 pocket knives.

The Grisha Trilogy by: Leigh Bardugo- This was a phenomenal trilogy! Complex without being confusing. The Characters were all really relatable and charming! I have a love/hate relationship with the Darkling. I think what he is trying to do is terrible, but at the same time I have added him to my list of book boyfriends...this is not good. For the whole series I give it a whopping 5 out of 5 amplifiers.

The Elite by: Kiera Cass- My feelings for this book are the same as the first book. Basic Plot. Maxon is a serious hottie though! I wish Aspen would just disappear.

3 out of 5 flashy necklaces.

The One by: Kiera Cass- By far the best book in the series. Nothing different in the plot, but the I enjoy the characters. 3.5 out of 5 dazzling tiaras.

The Assassins Blade by: Sarah J Maas- This is the book of novella's for the Throne of Glass Series. I loved each and every one of them. I love how you gain a deeper understanding of Celaena's decisions in the actual Novels. I need Queen of Shadows to be out...like now!  4 daggers out of 5.

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I read this month. If you have read any of these books let me know what you thought of them down below!

Yours Truly, signing off!

Kenzie