sheleadsmanylives

The Reader Who Lives a Thousand Lives

There are no words to describe my love affair with literature.

Her Bookshelf: READ

Legend
4 of 5 stars
It was pretty good. Re-read this so I would be ready to read the rest of the series.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
2 of 5 stars
This book was just okay. Overhyped, but I don't regret reading it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
4 of 5 stars
Love this series. Just the perfect amount of humor and mystery to keep me reading!

goodreads.com

How Reading Formats Affect my Monthly TBR

Affect? Effect? I always get them confused! Moving on...

I do a ton, literally a TON of e-reading. I am always adding to my e-book collection by downloading books from Kindle, Kobo, and Google Books. I use an app through my library to borrow e-books, and I stuff my Aldiko reading app with epub files found on several different websites. In my reading folder on the homepage of my phone you will find 6 reading apps.

-Aldiko (epub files) (My personal favorite!)

-Oodles Free Ebooks (Public Domain e-books, that also loads epub files) (I never use this one)

-Google Books (I use this one for all of my classics. Most of them are free on Google Play)

-Kindle (I receive daily emails with lists of free and reduced price Kindle Books so I have quite a collection) (Fun Fact: I have never purchased a single Kindle book they have all been free)

-Kobo Books ( This is one that I rarely use, although, I do have quite a collection (All of the books I own through this app were free.)

-Overdrive Library (My library set this up recently and I have definitely taken advantage of it! You can borrow e-books and audiobooks)

Normally, I would use my Aldiko app all of the time. I would use Kindle once in a blue moon, Overdrive specifically for audiobooks, and Kobo has been used once or twice in the last year(If that...). In March, I decided that I wanted to start alternating the apps I use. When April started I had a plan in place:

Start with an Aldiko book (I chose Mistborn: The Final Empire)

Then, read a physical copy (I do get tired of e-reading and need a break, there is nothing like the feel of a real book in your hand!)

Next, was a Kindle Book (I chose a Phantom of the Opera modernized fan-fiction)

Then, I went to overdrive (I read Jackaby)

This still left some apps out of the loop, but since that was first month there is time to rectify. I also decided that this month I don't have to use the apps in any particular order. This month I started with Overdrive (The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender) I am hoping to add in Kobo and Google Reads this month, too. I don't know how far I will get into my TBR picks this month with finals looming around the corner. (The Horror!) Hopefully my reading will pick up once summer starts! Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Have a fabulous day lovelies!

See you in my next post :)

Kenzie