sheleadsmanylives

The Reader Who Lives a Thousand Lives

There are no words to describe my love affair with literature.

Her Bookshelf: READ

Legend
4 of 5 stars
It was pretty good. Re-read this so I would be ready to read the rest of the series.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
2 of 5 stars
This book was just okay. Overhyped, but I don't regret reading it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
4 of 5 stars
Love this series. Just the perfect amount of humor and mystery to keep me reading!

goodreads.com

Library + Book Haul

The One - Kiera Cass The Assassin's Blade: The Throne of Glass Novellas - Sarah J. Maas Eon: Dragoneye Reborn - Alison Goodman The Kingdom of Little Wounds - Susann Cokal Ruby Red - Kerstin Gier Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America - Tony Goldwyn, Erik Larson The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart, Tanya Eby Sirois

This week I felt the need to go to the library, and it is a good thing I did. My library has a used book store filled with lots of good books and they were having a book sale. So, in addition to the 6 library books I checked out, I also bought 13 books from the bookstore. I paid a grand total of $3.65 for 13 books. Pretty sure that is some kind of record for me!

My Library Books:

The One by: Kiera Cass - Third book in the Selection Series! ( I finished this one and it is the best book in the series so far! Looking forward to the next one!)

The Assassins Blade by: Sarah J. Maas -Selection of novellas from the Throne of Glass Series. (I finished this one last night, and adored it! Can't wait for Queen of Shadows!!)

Eon by: Alison Goodman - First book in the series.  (Currently reading, really good so far!)

The Kingdom of Little Wounds by: Susann Cokal - Not sure if this is a standalone or if it is the first in a series.

Ruby Red by: Kerstin Gier - The First book in a time travel trilogy.

Cruel Beauty by: Rosamund Hodge - A Beauty and the Beast Retelling.

Books I Purchased from my Library

(NF) Age of Kings by: Charles Blitzer -This is a history book. (I don't really know anything about it other than that)

(NF) My War by: Tracy Sugarman- This is a book that is a non fiction account of a husband and wife during WWII.

(NF) I Remember Laura by: Stephan W Hines -This is a biographical account of Laura Ingalls Wilder. I believe it is focused more on her adult life.

(F) Crane by: Jeff Stone -I honestly have no idea what this is about.

(F) Brothers in Valor by: Micheal O. Tunnell - This about three German boys during WWII

(NF) Life in a Medieval Castle by: Joseph and Frances Gies -Since I have been to a medieval castle I thought this would be an interesting read.

(NF) Jane Austen the Woman By: George Holbert Tucker - This is a biography about Jane Austen!

(F) The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks by: E. Lockhart -I have no idea what this is about.

(F) Restoring Harmony by: Joelle Anthony -This is a dystopian novel set in the future.

(NF) The Discovery of the Titanic by: Dr. Robert D. Ballard

(F) The Knife of Never Letting Go by: Patrick Ness -Heard really good things about this book.

(NF) The Devil in the White City by: Erik Larson -This sounds really interesting, it involves a World Fair and a Serial Killer

(F) War Without Friends by: Evert Hartman - A WWII book about some kids in occupied Holland.

I suppose I should feel guilty for all of the books that I bought, but with how much I paid for them I feel no guilt! I hope you enjoyed reading this!

Yours Truly, signing off!

Kenzie